In this post I will show you how I make ( $3666) Rs 2,20,000/- per month from Google AdSense program and how you too can make the same amount of money and much more by following in my footsteps. Before I tell you more about AdSense, have a look at the screenshot below. You can see Google AdSense earnings proof here.
Google AdSense program is one of the best advertising programs across the world. Compared to any other advertising program Google AdSense offer maximum payout in India, so if you are looking to make money online from advertising, AdSense is your best bet. Read on to know ore about how you can make money from AdSense.
What you will learn
- How you can make Rs 2.2 Lac per month ( $3666 ) using Google AdSense
- What is Google AdSense
- How to find segments you are pass1ionate about
- How to book a domain and website hosting
- How to create a WordPress blog
- How to do keyword research for Blogging
- How to write content for your blog
- Things you need to check before you apply for AdSense
- How to apply for Google AdSense
- How to promote your blog on social media
- How to drive traffic to your blog
- Most important – My Success Mantras
How you can make Rs 2.2 Lac per month ( $3666 ) using Google AdSense
2 Lac Rs a month is a substantial income and the best part is that you can earn this sitting at home. You don’t need to move out of the comfort of your house to earn this money. However this is not some fake ‘Make money from home scheme’ under which you can earn magical sum of money merely by doing nothing. AdSense is very real and completely legal source of income; and just like every other source of income it requires hard work, research and planning. You will need a good laptop/desktop setup; a working internet connection and passion for working hard. Because the harder and smarter you work the more you can earn.
To make money from AdSense you will have to work with topics you are passionate about, if you have keen interest in any activity or topic, then AdSense can help you make money from your knowledge and expertise. However you will need to research and make sure that your area of interest has commercial potential too.
With commercial potential in place you can exploit your area of interest. Share your knowledge and expertise with others via articles, videos, images and much more. The more helpful you are to others the more people will flock to your website/blog. Greater the number of visitors to your website/blog greater your chances of earning money from AdSense. Since the number of visitors will affect you earning potential it is crucial for you to get more and more people to your blog/website. In order to do this, you will need to promote your blog/website via various different media channels.
This is the process in a nutshell. Now let’s look at the step by step process of how you can earn Rs 2,20,000 from AdSense in a month.
Let’s check the step by step process on how to make money from Google AdSense
What is Google AdSense
Google AdSense is an advertising program run by Google. Its working is quite simple, if you own any web property (e.g. Blog, Website, YouTube Channel), you can display ads on this. These ads are provided by Google. Whenever any visitor to your web property, clicks or in any manner interacts with these ads, Google will pay you certain amount of commission – this is your Google AdSense Earning.
To get access to these ads by Google, you need to have a Google AdSense account. And this account is absolutely free, you do not need to pay any money to create an AdSense account.
When working with AdSense you will come across two measures of payment to you, Cost per 1000 impressions, and Cost per click. I will discuss these terms in detail later on.
What’s the Limit of Earning from AdSense? – There is NO LIMIT. I have shown you that I made Rs 2 lac per month from Google AdSense, depending on your efforts, you can make less than this, as much as this or much MORE than this from AdSense. With Google AdSense Sky is the Limit.
How to find segments you are passionate about
Now that you know what AdSense is and how it works, let’s get started with how you can earn money from AdSense.
First thing you need to do in order to earn money from AdSense is find a topic/niche/segment about/on which you will write. When choosing this topic/niche/segment you need to keep two important points in mind – Passion & Commercial Viability.
- It can be anything, from Finance to Cooking, to some Hobby, or even you daily life. Whatever topic you choose, make sure you love writing, creating images or video’s about it.
- To earn money from AdSense you will need to share knowledge with others on this topic, help them with their problems, and answer their questions, so you need to love whatever topic you choose to work with.
- Once you love your topic, then you can add to your knowledge about the topic by reading more about it, this in turn will allow you to provide more valuable information to your viewers.
- While Love is everything, money too figures in life right ? So in order to make money from your topic, you also need to make sure your topic is commercially viable. A micro topic like ‘Punjabi Cooking’ will help you earn money, but limited amount, since your audience is limited, and also your writing potential on this topic is limited. Opt for a broader topic like ‘Indian Cooking’, this will bring in more viewers and much more writing material for you.
- Do people read about your topic online? While most topics do find online audience, there can be some which have more readers than others. There are 8,10,000 pages for ‘paratha recipe’; compare this to 6,66,000 pages about ‘kite flying tips’. While this is not absolute indication of people’s interest in the topic, such statistics will help you choose a topic about which people read online. More the readers, better for you.
- Even better is a scenario where people like discussing about your topic online. This will provide you with more writing material. ‘Paratha recipe forum’ has 1,60,000 pages, whereas ‘Kite flying tips forum’ has 16,80,000 pages. So choose a topic with higher commercial viability.
How to book a domain and website hosting
Domain name is an important influential element of your blog. Keep in mind the following pointers when choosing a domain name for your blog.
- A nice, easy to spell and quick to remember domain name will attract more readers than something complicated to spell.
- Book a domain name which reflects your blog’s topic/niche/segment. Merely by reading your domain name people should be able to make out what this blog is about.
- Always go for a .com or .net domain, these fares better in longer run as readers are more comfortable with these extensions. If you can’t get these extensions then you can go for .in or .co.in domain extensions.
I use Bigrock.com, for booking my domains. They are India’s #1 domain registration company and offer some really cool discounts on domain names.
Having a good quality hosting for your blog is crucial; it can make or break your blog. If your hosting is of poor quality and your blog is frequently down, you lose out on readers who are unable to access your site, thus losing out on AdSense income. Also frequent inaccessibility of your blog will impact its ranking on Google causing a drop and it turn affect your blog traffic.
I use HostGator hosting for my Blog. HostGator is a world leading provider of Website and blog Hosting. I have been using HostGator from last 5 years and never faced any issues with them, their service is excellent. HostGator also offers some neat discounts on its WordPress Hosting Package.
How to create a WordPress blog
Watch the below video on how to create a blog.
How to do keyword research / Title research for Blogging
Now that you have your blog topic, domain and hosting in place it is time to start working on your blog. You need to fill up your blog with right content. This content can be in form of article, videos or images. Right content makes the difference between success and failure. Your readers are looking for information about your topic. But what exactly do they want to know?
If you do not understand what your readers want, you are in for trouble. Your blog might have tons of useful information, but it may still not be what the readers want, or it might not be presented in the correct format, or you might be getting too technical or too generic. You articles might be over or under researched. There are numerous things that can go wrong with content. So tread with caution. Here are a few pointers on how you should choose keywords/titles for your blog articles.
Keyword/Title research for Blogging
- Track your competitor’s blog; this is the simplest and usually the safest way to find titles to write on. However make sure you always research your titles before you start writing.
- Use Google Alert and track your topic/niche/segment. This will ensure that you are updated with all the latest developments in your niche; and will also provide you with fresh ideas for your blog article.
- Ask your readers. Nothing beats this. Once you have enough people visiting your blog you can ask your readers what they would like to know more about. Title/Keyword suggestions from readers are gold mine. Because if you readers want you to write about something, they will love to read that and share it with others too. Thus helping you bring in more AdSense revenue.
- Follow Online Journals and news sites. Latest happenings in your niche are sure to be covered by journals and news sites. These happening can be good title for your blog articles.
After using any or all of the aforementioned methods you would surely have found a couple of good titles/keywords for your blog articles. However just as when choosing your blog niche you checked for commercial viability, you need to do the same check here. Before you start writing your article, check on:
- What are the total monthly searches happening in Google for the main keyword and other long tail related keywords on which you are planning to write your article.
- How competitive is to rank that keyword in Google; this you can find by putting the keyword in Google and look for the sites which are currently coming, you can analyze if you can do a better job than the once which are already present on page one of Google.
How to write content for your blog
With title/keyword in hand now it’s time to start with the actual writing. Your writing style, presentation and flow will matter tremendously. So make sure you pay adequate attention to all the aspects of your article.
- Even if you feel you know everything there is to know about your chosen title, still undertake a sufficient research on it. This will help you improve the quality of your article.
- Researching should be followed up with thorough study and analysis of the data collected. This way you can be confident in your knowledge about your topic.
- When you feel you have enough knowledge on your chosen keyword, it’s time to plan your blog post. Remember I said presentation matters. A well researched article is of no use unless it’s written and presented in a simple easy to understand format.
Always remember that the more readers you get the more you can earn. And audience comes to those who offer quality. Your blog content needs to be worthy of your reader’s time and attention.
Things you need to check before you apply for AdSense
Now that your blog is in place, it is time to move on to monetizing it with the help of AdSense. After all you took all this effort in order to earn money, right. So let’s get started with AdSense. Here’s a list of things you will need to check before you apply for your AdSense Account.
- Are you 18+ years of age?
- When applying from India for an AdSense account, make sure that the blog/website with which you are applying for AdSense account is at least 6month+ old.
- Blog / Website complies with all Google AdSense policies
- Blog/Website has enough content before you apply for AdSense
- Your blog / website is getting decent amount of traffic
- AdSense may reject your application if you have other ad network ads on your blog so make sure to remove other Ad networks from your blog/website before applying for AdSense.
- You are not using, PPC or any other type of paid traffic generation options. These are against Google AdSense guidelines and will lead to rejection of your AdSense application.
How to apply for Google AdSense
Step 1: Visit Google AdSense Signup page; If you want to create AdSense with current Google id, select that or create a new Google account.
Step 2: Once you login with your Google account, you will get below page where you need to put your website or blog URL on which you want to display ads and primary language of your blog. Once done click on submit to go on step 3.
In step 3 you need to fill your contact details and Payee name. Enter correct information here and double check all your entered data for spelling and other errors. Once done submit your application.
Now Google AdSense will do phone verification and after completing the same, your AdSense application will go for review.
Once Google AdSense reviews your site and application and approves it, you are halfway in.
Now you can access AdSense code generation section. From here you will be required to generate a code and place it on your website/blog, with which you applied for AdSense.
Once the code has been placed, Google AdSense will again review your account and website. While this review is underway you will be able to see blank ads on your blog/website. Once your AdSense account has passed this final approval process, live ads will automatically be displayed on your Website/blog. Now you are ready to earn money from your AdSense account.
How to promote your blog on social media
Ideal time to start promoting your blog on Social media is when you have a bunch of articles ready on your blog. When you reach out to readers you should have something you can offer them to read. So once your blog is in place and a few post old, jump in with your social media promotion. Here are a few pointers to get you started on your social media promotion.
- Create Facebook page, Google+ page and Twitter profile for your blog. If you are doing video/image rich blog, make sure to also create a YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram account for your blog.
- Start running ads for your Facebook page to get some initial likes for your page and start updating your profile pages on all the social platforms.
- You can create interactive images, infographics and small videos to drive your audience attention.
- Add social sharing buttons to your blog, this will make your content easily shareable, thus getting you some additional exposure on social media.
Keep in mind that promotion is an ongoing activity, and the more you do it the more you can hope to make from your AdSense earning.
How to drive traffic to your blog
To earn money from AdSense you need traffic. For a new blog getting traffic, can prove tricky. Here are a few pointers on how to drive some traffic to your new blog.
- Before applying for AdSense, you can try some paid advertising. Run Google AdWords and Facebook ads in order to drive traffic to your blog. This will give initial boost to your blog and content. Monitor this traffic to understand how your content is performing.
- Keyword Density is a concept you will need to learn well in order to gain the natural ranking advantage on Google Search engine results.
- Find forum which are related to your niche and start interacting on them and at times you can share your post URL referring to any solution, this is a very effective way to drive traffic to your website.
- Add a ‘Subscribe’ button to your blog, this will help you get loyal followers. Whenever you post a new article, email your subscribers. This will get additional exposure to your post.
- Submit your blog to blog & RSS directories, popular social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon, Digg & Reddit, etc.
My Success Mantras
In this section I will be sharing with you my Success Mantras. The finer details which brought success to my AdSense money making setup and which helped me in making 2.2 lac Rs a month.
- Take risk, if you want to make more money you will have to take more risk. Don’t hesitate in trying out new things but always have backup plans.
- Write for people and not for making money. When you start writing you need to have a vision that you want to help people by adding to their knowledge and assisting them in finding solution to their problem. Once people start liking your blog money will start flowing automatically from AdSense.
- If you have tried but not yet succeeded in getting an AdSense account, contact me I will tell you how you can get one for yourself.
- AdSense can earn your good amount of money. However do not depend on AdSense income alone. Such dependence will reduce your risk taking ability. Create other sources of income as well, diversity will provide you with required confidence to experiment and exploit full potential of AdSense.
- Keep working on finding new niches and creating more blogs. If required hire content writers for writing content. Always make sure that the content delivers value.
- Explore and learn the intricacies of Social Media thoroughly. Social Media is your best friend; if used properly it can help you by driving tons of absolutely free, quality traffic to your blog.
- Work on connecting with every reader who comes to your blog. Provide them with various connection points and options. You can connect with your readers via Email subscription, Social Media following/interaction, replying to comments/questions and much more. Establishing this connection is essential, because connected audience is more loyal audience. This audience is more likely to read your articles, and convert into AdSense earning for you.
- Learn SEO and get some high quality back links for your blog; this will help you boost the SEO rankings of your blog.
- Always ask your readers to share your content on social media. This not only helps drive traffic to your blog from social media but also helps improve your rankings in Google.
- Improve load time of your blog. If your blog takes too much time to load it won’t perform well in search engine. Every second of load time counts, so work on reducing your load time to as low as possible.
- Marketing your blog is very very important. Make sure you spend half of your time in promoting what you have written. Numerous blogs with quality content languish due to lack of promotion.
- Study Google AdSense in detail. There are many small modifications and tweaks that you can make to your AdSense ads and multiply your AdSense earning manifold. Small things like usage of right color can increase your earning significantly.
- Your blog’s looks matter; it helps in creating a first impression and the right ambience in longer run. Do not cut corners on your blog theme. Buy a paid theme and make sure it looks great and connects to the niche/segment in which you are writing.
- As a new blog you will need to focus on churning out content at regular intervals, this might detract from the amount of research and analysis you can put into creating your content. However once you have established your blog, take a break. Spend more time on keyword research and finding the topics which are hot. Focus on writing in-depth content on commercially viable keywords.
- Take time to research your keywords. Search for untapped and low competition keywords in your niche. Exploit these keywords, and your content is sure to get some quick recognition by Google.
- Content length matters. When you start a new blog, make sure you stick to 1000 words per article length ( by the way, this content is 3000+ words). This will help you write quality content, make the content useful for your readers and also appease Google. Since Google prefers longer content, and your readers prefer enriching content. As your blog grows, you can look at altering the content length to suit your reader’s preference.
- Best placement for your Ads is at the top of your website, in header section. This area gets maximum eyeballs and has excellent conversion potential.
- Never break the cardinal rule of AdSense, no matter how tempting it might sound or look – NEVER ever click your own ads. ALSO Never ever encourage friends or family to click your ads. This might look like a lucrative way to make some extra bucks, but it can kill your AdSense account in a jiffy by getting your account disabled and your websites banned.
- AdSense allows total of 6 Ad blocks on a page ( 3 display & 3 link unit), however optimum number to go with is 3. More than 3 ad blocks on average length page lead to overcrowding, this reduces conversion. Also it will hamper your readers experience and this in turn can affect your blog traffic and AdSense earning.
- AdSense offers a large variety of differently sized Ad blocks; you can choose from amongst these the ones that go in best with your website layout. By experience I have found that 360×280 Large Rectangle Ad blocks get more clicks, as compared to other formats.
- Colors matter everywhere. When designing your AdSense ad blocks, pay close attention to your color scheme. There are two approaches you can take when selecting the color scheme for your Ad blocks, similar or contrast approach. I prefer the similar approach. Try to tie in your Ad blocks as closely as possible into your blog color scheme. Generally if your blog has light color scheme, keep your ad blocks light as well. Some people prefer the contrast approach but I have found similar approach to be more effective.
- When selecting which ads to display on your blog, make sure to allow both image and text based ads. This increases the variety of ads that can be displayed on your website and more variety = more competition amongst ads = more payment for you.
Get started on your money making mission today itself. AdSense is a Goldmine for those willing to put in hard work and time. If you have any question, do ask them in the comment section below. I will be glad to help you out. Please share this post and help spread the word. Use the sharing buttons underneath and share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook/ Google Plus/Twitter.